Updated: January 30, 2019
We may collect information you provide to us. The types of information we may collect directly from you include your name, username, email address, postal address, phone number, information about your data storage preferences, employer's name, job title, transactional information (including services purchased or subscribed to and billing address) as well as any contact or other information you choose to provide.
We collect information automatically when you use the BRT Service. When you access or use the BRT Service, we may automatically collect information about you, including but not limited to:
- Usage Information: We monitor user activity in connection with the BRT Services and may collect information about the applications and features you use, the websites you visit, the sizes and names of the files or folders you upload, download, share or access while using the BRT Services, the content you access and any actions taken in connection with the access and use of your content in the BRT Services.
- Log Information: We log information about you when you access and use the BRT Services including your Internet Protocol ("IP") address, access times, browser type and language, Internet Service Provider ("ISP"), the Web pages that you visit, the content you use and the URL of the Web page you visited before navigating to the BRT Services.
- Device Information: If you access the BRT Services from a mobile device, we collect information about the device, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information (as allowed by the mobile network) or platform information (as allowed by the specific platform type). We do not ask for, access or track any location based information from your mobile device at any time while downloading or using our mobile apps.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, which may include saving cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us to improve the BRT Services and your experience, customize your experience and preferences, allow you to access and use the BRT Services without re-entering your member ID and/or password, understand which areas and features of the BRT Services are most popular and count visits. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as "tracking pixels"). Web beacons are electronic images (also called "gifs") that may be used in the BRT Services or in emails that help us to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, please see "Your Choices" below.
- Other Technology; Tracking: We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). We do not respond to browser-based “do not track” signals.
- Information We Collect From Other Sources.We may also obtain information from third parties and combine that with information we collect through the BRT Services. For example, we may have access to certain information from a third-party social media service if you create or log into your online account through the service or otherwise provide us with access to information from the service. Any access that we may have to such information from a third-party social media service is in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by the social media service. We may also receive information about you from your employer or other sources, such as our business partners or from individuals who refer you to us. We may also receive information about you from third parties, including marketers and advertisers. We may add this information to other information we collect from you.
- Legitimate Interests: Lastly, we may collect and use personal information that is necessary for our legitimate interests, which will be disclosed to you at the time of collection. BRT will use this information for the purposes of which it was collected.
Use of Information
- To operate and improve our website and BRT Services;
- To confirm that you are an actual person and not a bot;
- To facilitate the creation of and secure your account on our network and identify you as a user in our system;
- To respond to any questions or concerns that you may have;
- To send you marketing, promotional communications, upgrades and special offers related to our services and for other marketing purposes of ours or our third party companies;
- For market research, analytical purposes, project planning, and product development;
- For troubleshooting problems, detecting and protecting against errors, fraud, or other criminal activity;
- To better understand your needs and provide you with more personalized services;
- To fulfill other legitimate purposes permitted by applicable law;
Sharing and Disclosure of Information
- Vendors, Consultants and Other Service Providers: We may share your information with third-party vendors, consultants and other service providers who are working on our behalf and require access to your information to carry out that work, such as to process billing, provide customer support, etc.
- Corporate Account: If you are an individual registered user of the BRT Service and the domain of the primary email address associated with your BRT Service account is owned by your employer and was assigned to you as an employee of that organization, and such organization wishes to establish a BRT Service corporate account, then certain information concerning past use of your individual account may become accessible to that organization's administrator including your email address.
- For Collaboration: We may share your information, including when you choose to use collaboration features in the BRT Services that by their nature support sharing with third parties who you choose. Your name, email address, information from your profile and online account, and any content you choose to share will be shared with such third parties, and such third parties may communicate with you (such as by posting comments or emailing you) in connection with your use of the collaboration features of the BRT Services. You can choose to change your settings at any time as provided through your account. For more information about such collaboration and sharing features, we encourage you to review the information provided at https://support.dynafile.com/sharing-documents.
- Compliance with Laws: We may disclose your information to a third party if (a) we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, (b) to enforce our agreements and policies, (c) to protect the security or integrity of the BRT Services, (d) to protect BRT, our customers or the public from harm or illegal activities, or (e) to respond to an emergency which we believe in the good faith requires us to disclose information to assist in preventing the death or serious bodily injury of any person.
- Business Transfers: We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Aggregated or De-Identified Data: We may also share aggregated or de-identified information with third parties that does not directly identify you.
- Marketing Communication. We may share your information with our affiliated businesses, partners, and agents so that they may communicate to our customers, respond to visitors' e-mails, or to inform you about events or new products.
- We may also share your information to fulfill other legitimate purposes permitted by applicable law.
EU-U.S. Privacy Shield and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Program
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, BRT commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. EU and Swiss individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy should first contact BRT at:
Blue Ribbon Technologies, LLC
Attn: Privacy Department
6030 Greenwood Plaza Blvd, Suite 110
Greenwood Village, CO 80111
BRT has further committed to cooperate with the panel established by the EU data protection authorities (DPAs) and the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (FDPIC) with regard to unresolved Privacy Shield complaints concerning human resources data transferred from the EU and Switzerland in the context of the employment relationship.
BRT has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Program to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, the American Arbitration Association (ICDR®-AAA® EU-U.S. Privacy Shield and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Program). If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed by BRT, please contact the EU or Swiss DPAs or the American Arbitration Association at http://go.adr.org/privacyshield.html. whichever applies, for more information and to file a complaint. A binding arbitration option is available to you in order to address residual complaints not resolved by any other means. The services of the EU or Swiss DPAs and the ICDR/AAA Privacy Shield Program are provided at no cost to you.
BRT is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC). In accordance with the Privacy Shield Principles, BRT remains responsible and liable under the Privacy Shield Principles if third-party agents that it engages to process the personal data on its behalf do so in a manner inconsistent with the Privacy Shield Principles, unless BRT proves that it is not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
BRT is based, and this website is hosted, in the United States of America. If you are from a country outside of the United States of America with laws governing data collection, use, and disclosure that may differ from U.S. law and you provide personal information to BRT, please note that any personal information that you provide to BRT may be transferred to the United States of America. By providing your personal information, you hereby specifically and expressly consent to such transfer and processing and the collection, use, and disclosure set forth herein or in any terms and conditions related to the use of and access to the website.
While no service is completely secure, BRT takes reasonable measures designed to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. For example, our policy is to encrypt your content when it is stored in our data centers. In addition, sensitive information such as credentials and passwords that we request from you on the BRT Services is designed to be protected with encryption, such as Secured Socket Layer (SSL) protocol, during transmission over the Internet.
The servers on which personal information is stored are kept in a controlled environment with limited access. While we take reasonable efforts to guard personal information we knowingly collect directly from you, no security system is impenetrable. In addition, we cannot guarantee that any passively-collected personal information you choose to include in documents you store on our systems are maintained at levels of protection to meet specific needs or obligations you may have relating to that information.
You may access your account information and our service only through the use of an individual user ID and password. To protect the confidentiality of personal information, you must keep your password confidential and not disclose it to any other person. Please advise us immediately if you believe your password has been misused. In addition, always logout and close your browser when you finish your session. Please note that we will never ask you to disclose your password in an unsolicited phone call or email.
Account Information & Retention. You may update, correct or delete information about you at any time by logging into your BRT Service account. If you wish to deactivate your account, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time. We will respond to your access request within 30 days. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or testimonials, contact us at the email address listed above. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
- BRT retains your personal information:
- For so long as your account is active or as needed to provide you with the BRT Services, website or to fulfill our contractual obligations;
- As necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements; and
- For so long as is necessary for the purposes for which we collected such personal information.
- Promotional and Newsletter Communications.You may opt out of receiving promotional and newsletter emails from BRT by following the opt-out instructions provided in those emails. You may also opt-out of receiving promotional emails and other promotional communications from us at any time by emailing email@example.com with your specific request. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as security alerts and notices related to your access to or use of the BRT Services or those about your online account or our ongoing business relations.
- California Residents.Under California law, California Residents who have an established business relationship with BRT may choose to opt out of BRT's disclosure of personal information about them to third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you wish to "opt out", please contact BRT with such request via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail at Blue Ribbon Technologies, 6030 Greenwood Plaza Blvd, Suite 110, Greenwood Village, Colorado 80111, Attn: Privacy Department.
You may have a right, in accordance with applicable laws, to access, update, correct, and in some cases requests deletion of the personal information that we hold about you. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request. Any access request will be subject to the relevant fee, if any, to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. We will comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable and in accordance with applicable laws. We may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes, as required under applicable legal obligations, or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting such change or access.
If BRT needs, or is required, to contact you concerning any event that involves information about you, we may do so by email, telephone, or mail.
We display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our site in addition to other endorsements. With your consent we may post your testimonial along with your name.
Links to Third Party Websites
We may place links on the BRT Services. When you click on a link to a third party website from our website, your activity and use on the linked website is governed by that website's policies, not by those of BRT. We encourage you to visit their websites and review their privacy and user policies.